Sunday, May 4, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

Friday was a huge day for our family. After years of hard work Brad graduated from Weber State with his BA in History and a minor in European Studies. Words cannot express how excited we are and what relief Brad felt to no longer be under a looming deadline with the next project or paper. We feel like we are starting a totally diferent life and can hardly wait to spend some long awaited time as a family during the week!

This is how our kids spent most of the ceremony. A few months ago, we took Owen to my cousin Suzie's wedding dinner and found that a gameboy really helps a three-year-old pass the time more quickly! My mom just kept sending the games his way! He yelled, "YEAH DADDY!!" loud enough for Brad to hear when they called his name, which they almost got right. Brad J. Auering. Close enough!

Grandpa Kurt & Grandma Carlyn wrestled Sam for me which was a huge help!


This picture of Owen & Brad pretty much sums it up! So I have to take this chance to tell Brad how proud I am of him. He is such an incredible husband & daddy. He has worked so hard to support our family while finishing school and it has given me the chance to me a mom. For that I am eternally grateful. I can't begin to count the nights he stayed up to the wee hours finishing homework because he always made time for our family in the middle of whatever else he had to do. Our boys think that their daddy is a super-hero and I'd have to agree! I love you more than you could ever know Bradler and I look forward to what the future brings!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats...I know how excited you must all be. It is such a great feeling, isn't it? Once again, congratulations.

-Benson

Ryan said...

Congrats, Brad and fam. No more homework is the best feeling ever!

Ashleigh said...

Woohoo! Yay for Brad (and Alex!). Congrats to all of you!

Happy Granny said...

Congratulations!! Finishing school, especially while married with kids is a huge accomplishment and one of the hardest things there is. It takes so much time and dedication by the whole family, you all need to commend yourselves on your strength of character and commitment to make a better life for your family. xoxoxo

Staci said...

That is such a major accomplishment for Brad to graduate with 2 kids, a wife and working to support his whole family! That is a good example to set for your kids!! Congratulations! By the way, I'm scheduled to be induced on the 15th of this month. It's about time! We'll for sure post the announcement on our blog. :)

Becki said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting (although I'm not sure who will be happier, you or Brad ;) ).

It was so fun to see you and your cute boys today. Lets do it again!

Suzie said...

Congrats! There's nothing like knowing you never have to go to another class or do homework. It's the best feeling ever. Enjoy your new-found freedom!

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
It takes a village to get a husband through school! I'm so happy for you guys. When my darling husband graduated last spring Bubbie was just 10 days old. Needless to say, I pretty much cried through the whole thing. It really does feel like moving on to the next stage of your life. Wahooooo!

Emilee Wolters said...

Congrats to you both! Its awesome!

Ashlee said...

Congratulations Brad and Jenn,
You guys look so happy to be done with school. You guys have such a cute family.

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

Congratulations to Brad. I know that he worked hard, but it is truly a family accomplishment. History and European Studies, huh? Wow.

THE HANSEN'S said...

Oh I'm so excited for you! What an accomplishment! I can only imagine the relief you both feel! I'm certainly looking forward to that event next year for Pete.
CONGRATS BRAD! WAY TOO GO!!! We wish you all the best in what lies ahead of you!