It's official. Our Owen is no longer a toddler. On the 15th, Owen turned 4 years old. I can not even describe how fast the past few years have gone. I feel like I blinked and now our baby boy is in preschool. (I'm sure all of the mom's out there reading this are hearing me on this one.) I will always remember holding him on the wee hours of the morning the day he was born and feeling so overwhelmed that I could love something so much so quickly. Owen has been a joy from the minute he came into this world. In one second, he helped me become who I have always wanted to be. A mommy. Owen's mommy. Sam's mommy. I am forever changed by our sweet little boys.
Owen has a great sense of humor & keeps us laughing every day. He has always been content to do things on his own time frame. He gave up his binky on his own one day out of the blue. He decided that one day he would start walking and he did just that. He decided it was time to sleep in a big boy bed and he did without getting out of bed one time for months. When asked if he wanted to sing and dance with the other kids in nursery, he sat on his chair and said "I don't do that." He has always just done his thing. Owen has always been a talker. He said his first word at 5 months old, which of course was "da da." :) Since then, he has never stopped! He loves to tell jokes and will talk to anyone who will listen. He gives the best hugs and always tells me I look like a princess (even when I'm sitting around in my sweats!) Owen is the kindest, most loving little guy. We're so grateful to be his family.
Here are some pictures of the big 4 year old day: Owen's first real bike!
Sam gave Owen the Diego Safari Rescue game for the Wii. Do you think he liked it?
Some good ol' silliness from the Auernigs!
The fam with the Lightning McQueen cake.
Owen & Sam finished out the day laughing and wrestling!It it so much fun to have little boys!
Happy Birthday O-Daddy! We love you bunches!





7 comments:
Happy Birthday! For now you are still our "pirate friend" but I'm sure we'll make more memories playing together...maybe safari hunters next?!?
The slide show is great! Wonderful pictures. Crazy how fast the years go. I agree on that. Hard to remember time without them...but hard to count the time that has passed.
That post was great and what a sweet little boy you have! I love all the pictures and I can't believe you have a 4 year old! Lets get together again soon!
We love you Owen.
May 15th is the day that our lives changed forever. Thank you for making us so proud to be your Grandparents.
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
It's amazing how fast our kids grow isn't it? Makes you think and wonder where the heck time went!! Looks like Owen had such a good time for his birthday. You all look like you're doing well. :)
Thanks for the comments jenn - I need it. I wish i had the cleaning bug but maybe it will be here soon. Looks like Owen had a great Birthday. Fun!
Cute pictures. It is crazy how time flies. It goes too fast!
So cute!! I cant believe it has already been four years, Those pictures of him as a baby are so cute I can still remember when he was born. We love little Owen and Sam and are so glad they are in the Family.We love you Guys!
Post a Comment