Thursday, April 16, 2009

Out Like a Lion....

As I have yet again slacked on my blog posts, I'll catch up with a "the month of March in a minute" post.
We celebrated St. Patricks Day with more green food coloring than Sam's little digestive track could appropriately handle. The "silly caun-cauns" managed to color everything from the milk to the bath water to the digestive by-products of my kids extremely green. (An entire container of food coloring was used for the occasion. )
Owen had his first soccer game of the season. Brad was the substitute coach and started snowing at about half time. I'm happy to say that the last two games have been cancelled so we haven't had to play in the snow again...yet.
Owen's game face



Owen's team picture since we were at the Instacare for the real one.

L to R: Walker, Mason, Owen, and Jacob. Anthony was missing that day.



"Everyone point to our goal!"
We visited the fire station with Owen's preschool class. Owen loved it. Sam, however, was having an "off day." I thought he would love it but he decided he loved his blanket and nap time even more. Sam is doing two with style!

I forgot that soccer was cancelled the week of Spring break and had promised Owen that we'd go to his favorite restaurant, other than McDonald's, which is Applebee's for dinner after the big game. When we went to the field and we were the only ones there, we went to Applebee's anyway!

Other than the previous post, our March was filled with preschool, errands, cleaning, yard work, a new church calling as the ward compassionate service leader, starting on our un finished basement, both Brad's and my mom having surgery and pretty much chaos in general. Brad's mom had a revision on her the new replacement she had done several years ago and my mom had three ruptured discs in her neck fused. Both mom's are doing well and are getting back on their feet. On a happier note, my brother Ryan and his wife Malerie found out they will be adding a little boy to their family in July. I think I've covered everything from March. Now on to April!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your boys are so cute!

Ashlee said...

Looks like fun. Cute fam.

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

Wow, you guys have been busy. Loved the month at a glance blog-style. ;o) Your boys are just so cute. We've started soccer and our team just happens to be the same color as Owen's. And our baby says "I hold you" whenever she needs to be held too. Must be a genetic thing.