I often find myself over-scheduling my week and then regretting it when I am too tired to keep my eyes open at the end of the day! This week was definitely one of those weeks and it's only Wednesday. I have much to post and hopefully that will happen tomorrow. For today, however, I need to post about our night last night before I forget the details and the things Owen said.
Yesterday was a marathon day. We dropped Sam off at my Mom's, went to the Pumpkin Patch with Owen's preschool, went to lunch with my Mom, went shopping for a baby gift, went to cub scouts (Yes folks! I'm now a den mother which is worthy of a post all in itself!), left scouts early to go to soccer pictures and stopped by the house just long enough to pick up Brad & the boys and head off to Owen's pictures which we had just found out about at 8:00a.m. that morning. We had been there about five minutes and the boys were having a great time chasing each other around. I looked over just in time to see Owen go head first into a small asphalt paved ditch. Instantly there was blood everywhere. Off to the Instacare. So in lu of this years' team soccer picture, this will forever be our memory:Owen was so brave and by the time we made it to the Instcare we were all laughing. Even before we had seen the doctor, Owen was asking to go back to play his soccer game. "My team needs me! My head feels good, mom. I'm okay to play." For the record, head wounds bleed like crazy! In the three or four blocks we had to drive, Owen's little cut saturated the pair of sweat pants we stuck on his head to minimize the mess. A little local anesthetic and two staples in a small puncture wound and we were on our way home with a sad little boy who just wanted to play soccer. I am so proud of him. He was so brave! He cried a little when he first fell but after that not a tear was shed when they were cleaning it out or even when the doctor put the staples in. He joked with my mom (who saved the day and came to get Sam from the Instacare-Thanks Mom!) and told her he was "cool like Frankenstein." When did my little boy get so big and tough?
Today we are having a day at home. Owen's doing great, just a little sore if I try to check it out. Sometimes when things like this happen I feel like it's the Lord telling me "Come on girl! Slow down a little and focus on what's important." Today I'll do just that.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Team Pictures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
You're a Den Mother?!?!?! Holy cow, when did we grow up?! Sounds like you had quite a day. Is your blog starting to feel like a wound report with raising boys? ;o)
Oh my goodness. What a tough little guy! I'm glad he's okay and has a sense of humor about it lol. Yeah, lets take a rain check on dinner and try for another week :) It's hard when life gets crazy to slow down, but it's always worth it when you do take a breather. Enjoy your day home!
Ouch! Poor kid! But good thing he was tough!
~Staci
Oh Owen, thats no good! But I am super proud of you for being SO brave!
Jenn,
Cori's email address is corijackson1018@hotmail.com. I hope that's right. :)
Staci
Poor Owen! and poor you having to be the Den Mother! Just kidding! I bet they just love you!
Holy Cow, that sounds like a CRAZY day! Poor Owen...he is so tough!
I am so sorry to see Owen get hurt, but I have to say that it does make me feel better knowing that my kids aren't the only ones that seem to get hurt. I'm glad to see that he is okay!!
Owen, way to take one for the team, man! I'm glad he's OK.
poor little guy. How big is he though I would have passed out. Way to be tuff owen.
Just thought You might want to know but we are going to be going private so If you want to still see our blog Email me with your E- mail address @ malprice06@yahoo.com or leave it in my comments if you haven't already, we will be going private in a couple of days
Thanx mal and Ryan
Hey Jen! My blog address has changed. It is now journeyof5.blogspot.com. Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment